BRAMM Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crone's Lament

2 posters

Go down

Crone's Lament Empty Crone's Lament

Post by Whisper 2011-12-08, 12:52

Greetings,

I am considering running a Eldar Homebrew version of the Dark Heresy ruleset starting after the Christmas break. Below is a brief run down of the idea behind the game and how it relates to a standard game of dark heresy.

The group of players make up the members of an Eldar expeditionary force that is dispatched from their home Craftworld in the company of a Nomad. The group is given objectives that the Craftworld would like them to complete as well as more personal objective that are discerned by the Seer for the group.

Overall the leadership of the group as a whole is balanced between the Craftworld Seer and the Nomad both of whom should have reasonable input on the rest of the groups objectives. However this is by no means firmament and the group may decide to follow any of the Archetypes dependant on the mission they are undertaking during a particular session or number of sessions.

A combat heavy session may be led by a Banshee or a stealth mission can be led by the Ranger etc.

If you wish to understand how character creation works for this game or the types of Archetypes available please review the attached early Rulebook.

Versioning
Eldar Core - V5b
Eldar Core - V5c -Current

Change Log - 02/01/2012 (Updated)
Modified 'Eldar competencies' to reduce lines used.
General Formatting.

Any suggestions for changes to the rules are welcome.

Regards,

Peter.

Last edited by Whisper on 2012-01-02, 13:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New Release)
Whisper
Whisper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Crone's Lament Empty Re: Crone's Lament

Post by BloodDiamond 2011-12-22, 04:05

perhaps the list of skills could be done in the same manner as the Dark Heresy, in that the list is divided into sections that are listed in sentence form rather then a new on on each line-just to make reading easier for my point of view, also you should state in the force weapons that damage is plus psy rating(otherwise its not really a force weapon)
BloodDiamond
BloodDiamond

Back to top Go down

Crone's Lament Empty Adjustment

Post by Whisper 2012-01-01, 05:56

Greetings,

Ok. I'll switch it around and see what it looks like. I would have done this over the Christmas break but alas I left the hard copies on Morgan. Only took Phobos home for Christmas, feeling slightly guilty about that.

Anyway I'm back now so I'll finish off the next version. It's not like I have to study for exams or anything. Very Happy

Regards,

Peter.
Whisper
Whisper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Whisper 2012-02-24, 17:31

Greetings,

In so far as Common Lores and Forbidden Lores are concerned, here is a preliminary list of the few that I can recall.

Common Lore (The Fall)
Knowledge about the period leading up to The Fall and the events directly preceding it.

Common Lore (The One Who Thirsts)
More specific knowledge about Slaanesh and it's machinations.

Common Lore (Psykers)
Knowledge about Psykers, general stuff. Mostly from your personal experiences.

Common Lore (Psionics)
I have yet to come up with a good name for the system by which all Eldar are able to psychicly link with certain tech so Psionics will suffice for now. Basically like Common Lore (Tech).

Common Lore (Chaos)
Basic knowledge about the forces of chaos, the 4 Gods and some of their more well know denizens.

Common Lore (Race)
Basic knowledge the Eldar have gleaned from their studies of a particular race, for example Common Lore (Human) would indicate that humans are a race prone to high aggression and are to be avoided.

Forbidden Lore (Race)
More in depth information on a specific race and it's typical functions in the area you are interested in.

Forbidden Lore (The Fall)
Detailed knowledge of the incidents that caused the fall and some knowledge from before the fall.

Forbidden Lore (The One Who Thirsts)
More intimate knowledge of Slaneesh and it's workings, Whereas humans would say "Ignorance is Bliss", Eldar would say "Knowledge is power". The more you know of an enemy the more it can be exploited.

I suppose I would accept people giving input on Lores they would like but these cover the areas I am most familiar with and the most likely for an Eldar to know.

I would also accept reasons for an Eldar to have Common or Forbidden Lore (Chaos God) for example Common Lore (Khorne) but it would either need a RP reason, arcane tome about god etc. or a back story dealing with that God instead of Slaanesh.

Regards,

Peter.
Whisper
Whisper
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodDiamond 2012-02-27, 20:12

xenos: what they know about humans, orks...
BloodDiamond
BloodDiamond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum