BRAMM Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D20 Modern (Apocalypse) - Of Magic and Mutants

2 posters

Go down

D20 Modern (Apocalypse) - Of Magic and Mutants Empty D20 Modern (Apocalypse) - Of Magic and Mutants

Post by Azgoron 2012-08-26, 06:55

You are part of the next generation of human beings born and bred on the terraformed planet of Mars. You have lived your lives following whatever paths of life you may have chosen, aided by robotic constructs and a constant connection to the Internet that had been surgically placed into your brain ever since you were a child. Constant feedings of information have significantly deformed the human's basic fight for survival.

Until the bombs fell, of course. You were selected by a unnamed organisation, for legal and bureaucratic reasons obviously, to be put into stasis at designated points on the planet. The worthy were chosen because of their age, reputation, skills and occupations.The unworthy bribed, scammed and bought their way to continued survival.

The unlucky were just left to reap the consequences. The old, the disabled, the prisoners, the rebels and the others were all conveniently left of the lists and have given birth to a generation of bandits, travellers and salvager's who have only ever known life by the wastes. Some even have mutated into psions, dangerous minds with power over the world itself and the fabric that binds it. Their pets, cattle and other animals have mutated into vicious beasts, including the mutated enlarged lizards with control over the skies themselves. Dragons.

A generation has past and the stasis pods are finally opening. To you, it felt like a second since being forced in. The first instinctive thing you do is to connect to the Internet for what has past. The connection is down. The others who were dragged into the same Stasis Room are awakening all around you. But the systems are down, except for the basic pod functionality. The lights are out....

This game is going to run instead of my Pathfinder game (I wanted to do something different and darker), which I am ending soon after the next mission is over.
The main concept of the game is means to survive. Salvaging old buildings, trading goods, making cool new items from whatever tit for tat you may find, looting a bandits body for that precious machine gun. Or even that motorbike. Or buggy rider on the Martian wastes Very Happy

Anyway, I am going to start running this game soon. Anyone who is interested, please reply.

Oh and a link to the system reference document for d20 Modern. Is an interesting system.(link)

Last edited by Azgoron on 2012-08-26, 07:57; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Adding link, grammer and more info.)
Azgoron
Azgoron
Admin

https://bramms.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

D20 Modern (Apocalypse) - Of Magic and Mutants Empty Re: D20 Modern (Apocalypse) - Of Magic and Mutants

Post by Niko 2012-08-26, 12:19

I'm afraid I'm going to sit this one out - Since the semester starts soon I figure I should start cutting back on games, and since Pathfinder's stopping I guess that's a good opportunity. I'm also not very interested in the setting of D20 Modern, and with Deathwatch, Mass Effect D20 and the upcoming Rogue Trader game, I think I've got my fill of non-fantasy RPGs.

If Pathfinder were to resume at a later date, I'd definitely be willing to set some time aside - I really enjoyed it and hope to see it return.
Niko
Niko

http://start2play.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

D20 Modern (Apocalypse) - Of Magic and Mutants Empty Re: D20 Modern (Apocalypse) - Of Magic and Mutants

Post by Azgoron 2012-08-27, 06:11

Niko wrote:I'm afraid I'm going to sit this one out - Since the semester starts soon I figure I should start cutting back on games, and since Pathfinder's stopping I guess that's a good opportunity. I'm also not very interested in the setting of D20 Modern, and with Deathwatch, Mass Effect D20 and the upcoming Rogue Trader game, I think I've got my fill of non-fantasy RPGs.

If Pathfinder were to resume at a later date, I'd definitely be willing to set some time aside - I really enjoyed it and hope to see it return.

Thats okay. I wanted to at least take a break with Pathfinder due to a lack of inspiration. D20 Modern is just a system that could be applied to any setting. I just decided and made up this one Smile

A more accurate description for the others. "Wild west with mutants and mages." On the Mars wastes instead of hard pans. Yes that works.
Azgoron
Azgoron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Azgoron 2012-09-14, 21:31

Hello

Sorry for the lack of replies or information. This was an idea for a new game in place of my Pathfinder one. I believe now that people prefer the latter setting so this is going to the archive to clear space.

Mark
Azgoron
Azgoron
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down